Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Day of First!!


The day started out pretty nice when I woke up the little Cookster for MDO! She had a big day ahead as she had lots of learning to do at school and an appointment for her 1st hair cut after school.
After the drop off, mommy was FREE at last, FREE at last goodness gracious FREE at last! :-) I met Penny and Tasha at Starbucks for coffee, muffins and a nice long chat. As we parted ways the mommy time just started to go down hill.
I stopped for gas and noticed that my old reliable cell phone was completely DEAD. I had been charging the thing for hours and no response. So... I decided to head to the mall to the Cingular place. I arrived several minutes before 10:00, so I had a half way decent chat with the old man also waiting for the mall to open.(I have never been to the mall before it opened! A 1st for me, but tick-tock-Mommy time is wasting with the old guy.) I entered the mall and made a v line for the phone place. No distractions with shopping I was on a mission! Well I arrive and am greeted by NO ONE! I asked the girl at the pretzel place across the way and she said they were supposed to open at 10:00. So I chatted with the indoor plant man (Did you know they have a special man that takes care of all the plants inside the mall? And he was cute and interesting!! But a little feminine if you know what I mean.) and tapped my fingers on the counter for about 20 minutes. I grew impatient and went back to the pretzel lady and she informed me that sometimes the worker don't show up ALL DAY!!(Thaaaanks! Wish you would have mentioned that a bit earlier--uuhgh!)I head back to the car and go to another Cingular place and wait in line for what seemed like DAYS, only to find out that if I want a new phone I can go online and get one for free!!!! Can you believe that--after a trip to the mall and two different stores---I find out that I could have been in my nice cozy office chair surfin' the net for a free phone instead of running up and down the street wasting my not so cheap gas? I am a little aggravated!
Next, head to the Wal-market to buy a few groceries and then go home. Guess what time I got home?? 12:35PM Yep, my relaxing mommy day was OVER. I made a sandwich and ran out the door with it hanging out of my mouth. I arrived at the church on two wheels at 12:58!
Well, after the pick up-Brooke and I followed Dana back to her house for Broooke's 1st hair cut. (see picture above!) How exciting! She was such a beautiful little angel. She sat in the big chair all by herself while Dana did her thing. She is sooo precious. I am almost positive that she knew she HAD to get her haircut to keep up her beautiful locks! She is so smart, prissy, and all girl! Ryan sang to her and helped keep her mind off of the blow dryer. (She's not that fond of blow dryers or shaving cream.)
After her hair cut we headed home for a nap cause Mommy needed one. We played a while and then I put her down and she was OUT! I remembered that Penn asked me to do some laundry, soooo instead of a NAP I did some darks and lights. And you will not believe what topped off this nasty little chore? -Mr. Penn threw a new button down shirt in the dirty clothes and I just put it in with the whites. Well when it was time to dry, I opened up the washer and there were BROWN and GRAY sploches ALL OVER the clothes! Urg!! It was a piece of washed cardboard that was in the collar of the new shirt. So I did another 1st in my life---I got out the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed my clothes AND the inside of my washer! I bet you haven't ever done that before!! Well that's not my entire day but I have rambled long enough. Let's pray for a more relaxing and uneventful MDO next week!

3 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Wowza's...you made *me* need a nap after that day! My vote is that you head straight home next time. ;) How sweet of you to just chat with those people, though.
Congratulations on your new nursery position!! You will do great. I guess Kim is just going to focus on MDO now?

Reformed Grits said...

Oh my goodness, you are wearin me out! Im like you... time "alone" (which I no longer have, but I mean with Anna in MDO) is my most precious commodity! I wish I had one of those Star Trek transporters so I wouldnt have to waste time (and gas!) in the 'Burban.
Cookie is a doll! I cant wait to see her hair. I'll have to tell Dave. He just loves her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chuckle. It seems like MDO mornings have a way of either slipping away or ending up in complete chaos!
Hope next week is more relaxing!