Q:Do lobsters mate for life?
A:If you think lobsters mate for life, you definitely need to read THE SECRET LIFE OF LOBSTERS -- the truth is far more interesting. Strangely, many people believe that they do. In one episode of the popular TV show "Friends," when the characters Ross and Rachel finally get together, their friend Phoebe -- the sentimental one -- swoons and says, "See, he's her lobster." In fact, Rachel should have been offended by this comment. For starters, it meant that Ross was going to dump her after two weeks and then go on to mate with every other woman in the building.
The above excerpt was taken from the website www.secretlifeoflobsters.com.
Ok...I have always believed that LOBSTERS mate for life, but after doing a little LOBSTER research I found out that they are much the opposite! Well Penn and I say we are each others LOBSTERS-and that meant we would be together forever! But now that I know the truth, I guess I need to figure out something else. (Don't tell Penn the bad news until I can think of a replacement.) Are there any crustaceans that mate for life? Or maybe some type of mammal?
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
He's my LOBSTER...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I am cracking up at this, can I just tell you!
Anyway, you could be killer whales...they mate for life, so "he is your Orca".
Ok, so maybe not the same *ring* as "lobster"....:)
This is so funny! I have learned something this morning. :)
I looked up others and the black vulture, Gibbon ape and bald eagles all mate for life.
Stephen is my "black vulture".... :)
Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, anglerfish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent), and black vultures — these are a few of the creatures that mate for life.
How about "He's my termite!"
My vote is for brolga cranes. It has a romantic ring to it!
Post a Comment