Monday, September 15, 2008

~Teething, Toodling, & Tantrums~ 11 Months Today

Today is Bailey's 11 month birthday. Mondays are home days, so we didn't go anywhere fun. We just watched a bunch of PBS, did a lot of laundry, and wore ourselves out playing on the porch. The temperature was so pleasant that we even had supper out there. Bailey played so hard that she was bathed, feed, and in bed for the night by 7:25PM.
Since last month, Miss Bailey has been quite the busy girl. She has been hitting some major milestones!! Two of the most important being~ sprouting more teeth, three actually, and she started walking!! Woo Hoo!
I know some of you moms think that it is bad when they start walking, but I think they can get into just as much when they crawl. At least if they are walking, you have a good excuse to buy them new shoes and their cute little outfits don't get ruined dragging around all over the floor.
I tried to capture Bailey's first steps on video, but she was always so camera shy. When she first started walking she would be all secret about it. When anybody noticed her, made a big deal about it, and got out the camera, she would start crawling again. Since then, I have taken several videos of her. She likes to show off now and is progressing quite nicely. She can even make a turn or two!! She has pretty much given up crawling for the most part. Here are a few videos. If you haven't had the privilege of seeing my BABY girl do her future catwalk yet, ENJOY! (You may need to pause the music on the song list, if you want to hear the videos.











After walking and growing new teeth, the rest of my sweet little baby's time this month was filled up just simply~being adorable! (and a tantrum or two~not so adorable ;-)
She has the sweetest smile, and doesn't mind showing it off, especially if she is perched right on her mama's hip. That girl loves to be held, but can throw the worst kind of fit (she still has the nick name Bailey Wailey) if you don't hold her when she wants you to! Lately, she's all about digging in her toy box and playing babies. I think I am going to get her a bitty baby for her birthday since she carries around (the doll is as big as her) Brooke's so much!
Another favorite is that silly paci. I always wanted a "paci baby" and boy do I have one. Now, I just have to figure out how to not have a big kid with a paci. I don't mind her keeping it in so much, especially when she is hanging out in Teddy's bed and playing with his toys. It keeps her from chewing on his not so sterile teething rings!
I don't know if I have mentioned before, but my Bailey is quite the outdoorsy type. She "begs" to go out with daddy and Brooke to do whatever they are doing out there. She toddles as fast as she can to the door and if they don't take her out with them, she'll cry, pound on the door, and make grunting noises until they come back. Here she is yesterday after church working up a sweat, muddin' with daddy in the backyard! That was her 1st juice box and she downed it in about 2 seconds flat.
Bailey is learning so much. It is amazing to see her little mind soaking up everything around. She can now hold the phone up to her ear and pretend to talk, scribble with a pen on paper, and hold a purse on her shoulder. She is even learning to wear a bra!! (A proper lady can never start too early! ;-)
If you read my last post, then you know that my baby girl is full of mischief. She is into exploring every nook and cranny of the house. Even today, I left the child lock off one of the cabinets and she was "in" in a nano second. Thankfully I noticed right away before she sucked down some Windex. I surely didn't want to call poison control, AGAIN!
My days are numbered with my last BABY, but I am really excited to see what God has in store for this little one as she grows into a godly woman. (I'm praying!)
At least my toothy grinning, walking girl, still takes a bottle.
I guess when I take that away, she will officially not be a baby anymore...

Happy 11 months sweet little baby girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! All this new stuff at once--makes me sad! She and Jackson are so cute together. Cute pics--especially the bra one or as amy says the Barbra.

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months Bailey!!

She sure has made some big changes lately. Her walking is going so well. She's so tiny to be walking around like. Too cute! Thanks for making Jackson a "movie star." He loved seeing himself with Bailey.

Mommy of Three said...

Wow! It is so sweet to watch them learning to walk. They grow up soooo fast!

I remember it was hard for me to stop giving my last Baby her bottle - I felt the same way!

Happy 11 month Bailey!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Happy, happy 11 months!!

What a cutie-pie!!

And that book No Other Gods is really not too girly. It's soooo good.