Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

What a busy Easter week!
On Wednesday, the hunting began! Brooke had her first hunt of the year at church during Kidstime. She did pretty well, but is not overly aggressive when hunting for eggs. She gets excited about finding one and then she starts fantasizing about what's inside and she forgets that there are other kids that are going to get the other eggs. She found about 5 and she was really excited. On the way home that night, I taught her how to eat a candy bracelet and by the time we were half way home there was only a little piece of elastic left!
On Thursday, I sent all the stuff to make a party to Brooke's MDO class. Her teacher was not planning on having a party and I thought that was terrible, so I sent eggs to hunt, treat bags, an Easter CD to dance to, and some religious Easter board books. All the kids brought a basket and the teacher said they had a wonderful time.
On Good Friday, we went over to the Kitts to visit. There we dyed eyes, had an egg hunt, ate hamburgers, and had bunny cake. Nancy also had a special treat Easter treat for Brooke. She is such a spoiler and boy does Brooke love her Nancy and John. Oh and her Jenny Mernit too!(That's how she pronounces it!)
I can't remember what we did on Saturday~I guess we just prepared for the real Resurrection Day! I think we hung out at home and then went out for pizza.
On Sunday, we got up and the Easter bunny had left a basket, a big slide, and a playhouse right in the middle of the living room. I guess he figured it was a little cold to leave it outside. Brooke was so amazed at the playhouse that she didn't really even care about the rest of the goodies. She played a while and then we all got ready for church. Brooke wore a cute Easter dress, but mine was too big and cold, so I skipped the traditional Easter attire.
At church, the choir sang my favorite Easter song, "Up From the Grave He Arose", but I was a bit disappointed that it was only one verse!! The choir sang other pretty hymns and the sermon was great as usual. It was a pretty full house as to be expected on Easter Sunday.
After church, we headed over to the Becks to have a traditional Easter luncheon. Brooke was greeted with a basket full of goodies from Meme B and Pop. Boy do they spoil her too! Sondra and Mike's son Andy and his wife Jennifer were there with all three girls. The little girls sat at their own special table and everybody else sat at the big dining room table. It was set so pretty with Easter colors and all. We each stuffed our faces with some yummy ham and all the fixin's. And for dessert, we had fresh strawberry cake from Edgar's that was decorated with a beautiful cross made of icing.
The girls all hunted eggs and ate way too much candy. At about 4, we headed home for a big ole nap! We all crashed for a while and had a lovely night at home playing "house" until bed time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I was too sleep deprived from baby Madison to remember too much of our weekend!