Today Penn took off of work and we all went to the Alabama Adventure Theme Park for the day. We had such a nice family time. It was the perfect weather and not too crowded at all. The tickets were steep~about thirty bucks for each adult, but at least little Brooke was free. Yay! What bugged me most though was paying the $8.00 for parking! I don't remember Astroworld or Six Flags making you pay for parking, but then again the last time I went to those places I probably didn't even have a license.
Any who...back to the fun stuff. When we arrived around 10:30AM we HAD to ride the carousel first. It was Brooke's favorite ride! Well...at least UNTIL she experienced the rest. Our friends met us there and we went for a 2nd go around. The first time around I rode on a horse, but the next time around I opted for the old lady bench. The baby didn't quite like me spreading my legs that far apart. He/she felt like they were going to come right out. That carousel is super fast!
After the horses, we headed for the really fun stuff in the kiddie area called Marvel City. Brooke was tall enough to ride most all of kiddie rides, but only because her ponytail and bow on the top gave her an extra few inches. Thank goodness she was able to ride since the prego girl was band from most EVERYTHING. Ah Pooh! Brooke LOVED all of the rides and rode them all twice except the Marvel Mania which is a smaller roller coaster for youngins. Penn said it was too jerky and it even hurt his back. Good thing I followed the restrictions on the sign and didn't ride, even though I REALLY wanted to.
After a while we became really hungry, so we all got some lunch. We had pizza and chicken fingers with fries and shared. We stuffed our faces good and then when on the Ferris Wheel. Can you believe I am 33 years old and have never been on a Ferris Wheel before? I was dying to go up and then I was quite ready to get off, because the little ones had NO concept of how high up we were and wanted to wiggle and hang off of the bucket. I was about to freak out! I kept having visions of them plummeting to their death and it was just too much for me. I asked to get off early!
After the Ferris Wheel, the boys wanted to ride some of the bigger coasters, so the ladies stayed back and watched from a distance. Brooke loved watching daddy ride the wooden Rampage and the Loop T Loop one was really cool.
After the Daddies rode the big stuff the kids rode some more of the kiddie rides. Brooke's new absolute favorite is the Barnstormer. It is the little airplane ride the goes around and around. The planes can also move up and down with a control on the steering wheel. It was hysterical to watch Brooke try to get that plane up. She just couldn't figure out what was going on!
After working up a sweet tooth, we all got some dippin' dots for a special treat! Brooke had strawberry, I had chocolate, and Daddy had cookies and cream. I think that dippin' dots are so much fun. I always get them when we are at a place that has them. If you haven't had the dippin' dots experience, then please indulge! It's the ice cream of the 21st century.
Around 4:45PM, daddy had, had enough rides for the day, so we headed towards the front gates. Before exiting, we decided to get a season pass for the entire summer. It is only like $69 dollars for both parks for the entire summer! Last year, we loved going to Splash Beach. We ended up going twice and could have paid about the same for the whole season. We really enjoy Splash Beach a little more than the amusement park is fun when it is not too crowded or hot. May and September are great times to visit the amusement park and June and July are great for the water park. I think that this will force Daddy to take off of work more often and have a little adventure time with his girls.
On the way home, we stopped to pick up some beer(not for me) and chicken stock and Penn made a huge pot of jambalaya while we played out in the back yard and hung out in our new screened in porch! Oh and I almost forgot the very best thing happened...Brooke said "I want to say the blessing!" So, Penn and I agreed to let her. We figured she would just say the little "God our Father" one, but nope~she made up her very own prayer! It went something like, "Deeeer Ward, Tank you for dee park and dee mommy and daddy! Amen" And she said it super fast. Penn and I got a little teary eyed. It was the sweetest thing ever.
I must say it was a great and adventurous day in Alabama that we'll remember for quite a while!
Friday, April 20, 2007
Alabama Adventure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What's up with the 8 bucks for parking?! They never charged anything for it before!
I am so glad that your sweet little family had such a nice time...and precious little Brooke saying the blessing..so cute!
I wanted to tell you that, yes, we did go to Oak Mountain last weekend...is the crawfish boil there this weekend?
We had a great time too! Brooke is such a sweet girl and we love playing her! (you and Penn aren't so bad yourselves) I loved hearing about Brooke praying. God must be so pleased with his child.
Can you believe we have never been? It's definitely on my to do list for this summer. Let me know how the "little" kid rides are.
Post a Comment