May has been a pretty nice month. Brooke and I (along with daddy) have kept busy with lots of fun things and the weather has been great. We have had several days where the temps have dropped into the forties overnight~making it great to dine outside on the newly screened in porch. (Now Brooke thinks we should eat outside for every meal. Even at restaurants.)
Here is little recap of our monthly activities:
1st-Grocery Shopping!!! It is the 1st and I have been waiting for my new budget money to come in, so the I could stock up at Wally World.
2nd-Bible Study, and Chick-Fil-a
3rd-Brooke had MDO and I went to lunch at Edgar's with a friend. Also today is my sister in-law's 27th birthday. Happy Birthday Becky!
4th- Today we went to the Birmingham Zoo with playgroup. The weather was pretty nice~not too hot! We saw the new Sea Lion Show(It's no Sea World or anything , but OK!) All of the other animals were very active and fun to watch for a change. Michelle M. even made everybody the cutest monkey cupcakes. She earned her new nick name "Super Mom" because she toted those cupcakes and all 3 kids around the zoo all day. She even had Corinne on her back in a backpack most of the time! :-0 That night I was craving some pasta and shrimp, so Daddy took us to eat at O'Charley's.
5th-FBI Crawfish Boil @ Oak Mountain State Park. Nice weather and good food!
6th-Church and then to Brickworks for some lunch
7th-Storytime @ North Shelby Library with Jackson and Christy~Lunch at Zaxby's and then off to Check on the baby downtown at 2:45PM. (I was worried that something was wrong, but she was fine.)
8th-Out to lunch with Friends at J. ALexander's and then shopping at the Galleria
9th- Nancy's Bible Study and then out to Chick-Fil-a for Lunch
10th-Brooke had MDO and then Kerri, Mark, and Evan came to visit from Tennessee. We went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. We stayed up really late talking. We had a nice, but short visit.
11th-The Lorenz's headed to Baton Rouge for Baby Meredith's baptism and Mimi came in town from Baton Rouge to spend the weekend. We had Refuge Group at Habanero's and then went to DQ for dessert.
12th-Mimi, Brooke and I went shopping all day and then we met Penn out at Ruby Tuesday's for dinner.(Our 2nd trip there this week~it's so convenient~we could actually walk there.)
13th-Happy Mother's Day~I got some nice cards, some new maternity clothes from my mommy, and a gift certificate for a NEW MINI VAN from Hubby! It said some exclusions apply see husband for details. Meaning I would have to wait a few weeks for his raise to take effect, etc, etc. I'm not in a huge hurry~just as long as I get it before the baby comes. (I always wanted a silver one, but now I have changed it to WHITE. What do you think?)
We all went to church including my mom and then out to Habanero's for lunch with the Beck's. (2nd Habanero's trip of the week ;-) After lunch, we went home and had a Mother's Day/Birthday Celebration for my Mom. She opened all her presents and then we had fresh strawberry cake from Edgar's. YUM!
14th-Today we went to storytime with Christy, Jackson, and Mimi and then out to lunch at Cici's Pizza. After lunch, we were going to head over to Montgomery to meet some friends, but I checked Brooke's temp and it was 103. What? We detoured to the Dr. and she had a double ear infection and fever virus. The doctor said it would be fine to still take her since there wouldn't be other small children there so we tried to stick to the plan. My mom, Brooke and I really wanted to see our friends from Montgomery, so we went for it. Penn was a little less than thrilled, but got over it. It was so late by the time we picked up RX's and all we decided to meet in Prattville. We met at Applebee's and had a surprisingly yummy dinner including, appetizers, entree, and dessert with coffee.(decaf of course)We stayed at that restaurant forever talking and didn't even get home till almost midnight. My Brookie is such a little trooper and always up for fun even when she's sick!
15th-Mimi left to go back home and Brooke and I had a Home day. We were sad to see her go! :-(
16th- Nancy had the cutest little Garden Luncheon at her home for our B.S. class. It was very special! She spoils us so much~and did I mention, her teaching and guidance is out of this world too! That night Penn had to work late, so Brooke and I made a run for the border.
17th-Last day of MDO!! Brooke had a party that she seemed to enjoy while I went to get my nails done and out to lunch. Rachel and I had yummy salads and cheese biscuits at Jim and Nick's! On the way to pick up Brooke, Penn called and said that we could move if we wanted. We could go back to B.R., but we only had 24 hours to decide!!!!! What? I was so torn. What should we do? We prayed about it and I left the decision up to my husband. He decided that we should stay here. I am sure it was the right choice.
18th- We had playgroup at the Oak Mountain Nature Trail and a picnic afterwards. It was lots of fun!! That night we went to The Kitts for Encourager's group.
19th-Penn went out of town with the guys hunting, so Brooke and I got some McDonald's for lunch and met some friends at Cahaba Lily Park to play. Later, we went shopping and then met some other friends at Pizza Pro for dinner. After dinner, we headed over to Oak Mountain Lanes for bowling! Have you been bowling lately on a Sat. night? It was way expensive! It cost almost $20 bucks for Brooke and I to play 1 game!!! Lots of fun though!
20th-Church and out to Inchaoot's with some friends.
21st-Last storytime until Sept.(we are taking off for the summer)out to Jason's Deli for lunch and a little shopping at the Galleria.
22nd-Today was going to be a home day, but Brooke and I ended up going to the church to do some work in our PJ's. We thought no one would be there since school was out, but we were totally busted! Oh well!
23rd- A real HOME DAY!!!!!!!!!
24th-Christy, Jackson, Brooke and I went bathing suit shopping at the mall. We ate at the food court and rode the carousel. Christy found a suit, but I had no success!(Why do they even make small maternity suits? Evidently no one buys them cause they have tons left on the rack! How frustrating?)
25th-Brooke and I met friends at The Depot for lunch. I love their Philly Chicken sandwich thing. It is yummy. Brooke loves to sit outside when we eat there. And we always have to check out the train up close before we leave of course! We ran errands for a few things and then that night daddy took us to Pizza Pro for dinner. Did I mention that I LOVE their chocolate chip pizza?
26th-The POOL opens today!!! Brooke and I went to McDonald's for breakfast. It was the best breakfast that I have had in a while. I had a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit with hash browns and Brooke had the hotcakes. It was her first time getting syrup on her pancakes and she loved it! (Her shirt did too!) Meanwhile, Penn painted Brooke's bathroom pink and then we headed to the pool for some fun in the sun. Man, the pool was soooo cold. I barely even stuck my toe in! Brooke and Penn did get in~they didn't seem to mind the cold!
27th- This is the day we skipped church and went to Alabama Adventure for the day. What heathens!(The only reason we skipped church to go was because we had a coupon to bring a friend for free~otherwise we wouldn't have done it!)It was lots of fun. BTW, today is Penn's sister's birthday! Happy 35th birthday Heidi!
28th-Happy Memorial Day! Pool and McDonald's with Brooke and Hubby!!!
29th-Doctor's Appt to find out that Bailey is a Bailey and not a Brady! (see previous post)
30th-Home day!
31st-Ceramic Creations in Patton Creek with playgroup to make a Father's Day present for daddy. This place is very expensive. We will not go back. Next time, we will just go to our regular ole favorite place in Homewood. It is much cheaper and much more fun! Although, Brooke did make a cute picture frame for her daddy this time! We will pick it up sometime before Father's Day. Afterward, we went over to Zoe's for lunch. It is a very cute lunch spot.(Oh and they have coupons in the school coupon books) Now we WILL be going back there! :-)
And that's our ~May Days~ for 2007. Can't wait to see what's in store for this summer!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
~May Days~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Wow!!!!! I can't believe how busy one's life can be. You packed in some fun times. I'm glad that we could share some of those days with you. I hope that June is just as much FUN!
I didn't realize Ceramic Creations was more expensive than the place in Homewood. :(
I knew it wasn't cheap, though..LOL!
Post a Comment