Friday, July 27, 2007

Girls Visit the Beau


Brooke and I just returned from a week long trip to the Beau Rivage on the Biloxi, MS Gulf Coast with Mimi. We had a fantastic time on our first official road trip in the new van. Brooke was completely trilled to watch "Dora Splorer" for the 5 hour ride. She didn't even want to get out once we arrived!



For anyone who has not been to the Beau Rivage it is really a beautiful place to stay. And the rooms are very nice and immaculately clean! (Well it was until we got there!) Us girls really enjoyed all piling up in the cushy king-sized bed together. And Brooke had fun jumping on it too!


We unpacked, hung around, explored the resort, and then went off to see the sights.
Penn had been to see the Beau Rivage right after the hurricane and said the entire 1st floor was completely gone. He said you could stand where the front door was supposed to be and see clean through all the way across the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but today it is back to its old self with no trace of hurricane damage. And the area around the Beau Rivage, hardly has any traces of Hurricane Katrina as well. Everything is getting build back up rather nicely. Better than before!
We used our all girls trip to hang by the pool, shop, and most of all~EAT! Brooke played hard. Especially at the arcade with Mimi. She skipped her nap almost everyday and even stayed up till after midnight each night. And believe it or not Good Ole' Mimi (age 66) would sneak off to the casino after we were all tucked in for a little late night nickel slots! I guess all of us girls are regular night owls.

One of our favorite excursions was to the new Hard Rock Casino. It just opened this summer! We ate at the traditional Hard Rock Cafe where we enjoyed really loud music and over priced burgers. For dessert we split a hot fudge brownie sundae. Yes, my blood sugar paid for it! But it was worth it to see Brooke enjoying it so much. The glass it came in was bigger than her head and it was so funny to watch her drink the last bit of melted ice cream and to lick the last traces of fudge. A couple of different restaurant patrons came over saying, "Oh, you need a picture of that!" But sadly, I left the camera in the car and I couldn't bring my big butt to walk out there and get it! Besides I seemed to make everyone around me nervous~ perfect strangers would have to comment on how I looked like I was about to POP! And you should have seen their faces when I said, "NO, I still have 90 more days left!!!" And then they would ask if I was having twins! "NOPE just ONE!"

Anyway, all and all it was a great time and we wish we could have stayed longer! Thank you, Mimi for hosting a great trip and all the fun memories! We love and miss you! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are precious! It sounded like ya'll had a great time. Bailey is going to love her Mimi. She sure does know how to spoil her girls!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! We've stayed at the Beau Rivage before and it is really nice! We actually stayed there about 2 weeks before the hurricane. John's been back on business, but I haven't seen it since.