Yesterday I went for another check up at the OBGYN. I decided to go to Alabaster since it is so close. I needed it to be close because they only schedule glucose screenings in the eight o' clock hour and there is no way on God's green earth that I could make it downtown with my two year old by 8:15AM! (Good thing I don't have a real job, huh!) So anyway, we rolled into the Alabaster office at 8:17AM with a bag full of goodies to entertain my little one for the hour test. First she had some breakfast. I fasted due to the test restrictions. After breakfast, we played babies for a few minutes. Everyone kept asking her, her baby's name and she would say "Baby"! I'm gonna have to help her come up with a name for her dolls. That's just a must!
After that, they called us back for a weight check and yes people I was actually a very good little momma this month and I lost a pound! Yay me! (I know it was probably just because I didn't have any breakfast, but it was so much better than last months report~I had to be proud of myself!)
After that, on to the urine sample. This time Brooke noticed the cups and wanted to use one too. Oh great! She said, "Mommy, I need to go potty in a cup too!" I hope she forgets about this quickly cause I can just imagine her digging out a sippy cup from the cabinet and saying, "Look Mommy, I pee pee in the cup like you." Something I really don't need around here!
On to the lovely orange drink~YUK! I can't believe that you actually like that stuff, Penny! The lady told Brooke it was medicine, so she didn't ask for any.
Next, we headed to the exam room and after waiting a short while Dr. Hudson came in to check Bailey's heartbeat. He said it was around 144 again. He said my other stuff looked great and was on his way. But before he left, Brooke looked at him and said, "Where's MY treat?" He was going to get her one and I said no she didn't need it because of the rude way that she asked! Am I a mean mom or what?
OK now we had abut 35 minutes to kill, so I broke out the fingernail polish and painted Brooke's toes and fingers. We read a couple of books and talked to everyone in the waiting room.
Ding! Time flew by and it was time for the dreaded blood draw. Brooke sat in my lap and held my hand. She loves it when we go to the doctor for me. She says, "Don't be scared Mommy you can have a band aid!" She told the nurse that she needed a band aid too and the nurse said no she didn't have any boo boos and Brooke argued with her until she gave in. Then she HAD to get one for her baby doll too! The nurse was reluctant to give up all those band aids for some odd reason. Maybe there's a shortage, or something! ;-)
We were off to church to check on the nursery!
So yesterday ended up being a nice day, but this morning~not so much! I thought for sure it would be a great day in the neighborhood as Penn took off of work to take us to the Alabama Adventure and water park for a day of fun. Well...we got into a stupid argument over the new Publix they are supposed to build off of 52 and 11. He was mad because I didn't get all excited and then we just kept on snapping at each other the rest of the morning. It was a pretty ugly morning. We finally got on the road to Alabama Adventure and then I received a call from the lab at St. Vincent's!
They called to tell me not to worry about taking the 3 hour glucose test since I failed the 1 hour so miserably that it wouldn't be necessary! I scored over a 200! They told me to get on this strict diet and not to cheat even while on vacation. Another bummer to the day!
That darn sugar monster is following me around and he is stalking me. I wouldn't even want sugar if it was O.K. to eat it, but as soon as someone tells me not to do it it makes me want it more. Do you have that problem or is it just not-so-little ole' me?
Anyway, we finally made it out to the water park and ended up having a GREAT time. And the little cookster had the best time of all cause she got to ride the motorcycles 4 times in a row! She was in HOG heaven! (Get it? Harley~Hog Ha! Ha!)
OK so y'all just pray that I will be able to be a good girl and make some healthy choices for my little Bailey in my belly. We don't want her arriving in October as a 10 pound sugar monster!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
The Sugar Monster-Week 26 1/2
Labels:
baby stuff,
family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I hate dietary restrictions...and I am the same way with wanting the foods that I can't have.
How can you not love the orange sugar drink??? That stuff is so yummy it almost makes me want to get pregnant again just so I can have some!
I'm gonna bring you some peanut butter candy to the hospital when Bailey is born, so hang in there!
Cheesecake Factory? Or maybe a trip to TCBY in Homewood? When Bailey is born, you name your pleasure...I'm always in when there is sugar involved!
No sugar - what a bummer!! I know you will follow the rules - you are a GREAT Mom. Bailey will be here before you know it and then you can celebrate at DQ!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear about you trip. :)
Post a Comment