Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snowy Day!

The forecast called for 1-5 inches of snow today starting at midnight and continuing throughout the afternoon. We have lived in Birmingham for over 5 years now and I can't remember it ever snowing here, so I was skeptical to say the least! We all woke up this morning like eager beavers and peered out the frosty window panes to see NOTHING at all white! What! Where is our snow? FIGURES...we were quite disappointed!
We waited patiently for hours and low and behold it really started coming down. It eventually STUCK. What a miracle! ;-)
The family got all bundled up and headed out for some fun in the SNOW! Bailey, Teddy, and I lasted about 10 minutes, but Brooke and Daddy were in it for the long haul. They played, explored, and then build a pretty large snowman. My husband having lived in Washington state and other various places that get quite of bit of snow, knew exactly the trick to making huge snowballs. Apparently, you are suppose to roll the snow instead of scooping it into a ball. He acted like I was retarded for not knowing this! HELLO...I'm from South Louisiana!
When daddy, the expert ball maker, rolled the snowballs he rolled up a lot of pine straw into our snowman. Mr. Snowman wasn't the prettiest thing, but he sure was fun! I think they named him Rosco. But he does have a feminine side~hence the hot pink hat!
After Brooke froze completely into an ice cube, she came in and fixed herself some hot chocolate.
That afternoon...the girls took a nap and I worked on some artwork the frog bathroom
(I have been messing around with that bathroom forevah now. Thankfully it is finally complete~I don't think I could squeeze one more froggy knick-knack in there!)while Penn braved the icy streets out to Homewood to pick up our new (scratch and dent)frig for the basement! We needed something to store up more food for the winter! ;-) Isn't lovely! We thought it would be more useful than just getting a deep freeze.

It was a wonderful winter snowy day for all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I loved the snowman with the beautiful girly accessories.

The frig in the basement is awesome - we could really use one of those!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Alabaster got some snow...and during our first winter here! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I like your froggy art! I want to see the finished product sometime :)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

LOVE the snowman! What fun that sweet home alabama had snow for all the kids (big and small) to enjoy. :)

wendy's world said...

Abby loved riding by your house and seeing Brooke's snowman. She LOVED the pink hat, and was very sad when it finally melted :(

Anonymous said...

wow, y'all had a great snowman!!

Becca Mae said...

Look at my blog. You are tagged!