This weekend was a great weekend! It was great because we didn't really have any outside commitments and we just hung around as a family doing our own thing.(unlike last weekend)
I am usually one that would rather be scheduled to the max and look forward to the next thing on the books, but not having a scheduled event is something I am learning more and more to appreciate as a wife and as a mommy.
SO I thought I'd share some of our nothingness! ;-)
On Friday, we decided to stay home and have family fun movie night! Us girls just hung around and had dinner ready for Daddy when he arrived home from work.(a rarity~I never cook on Friday!) We ate our venison tacos, Mexican rice, and chips and salsa out on the porch and played a while. Penn and Brooke have been putting out "Record Rack Golden Deer Nuggets" and "vitamins" for all the deer, so we have been having lots of furry friends coming to visit. We watch them while we are on the porch and then after dark we have deer TV. What is deer TV you ask? Well...it is actually one of Penn's spy cameras that is set up outside and the picture feeds right into the the television in the living room, so we can watch what is going on out there in the woods. Penn and Brooke get so excited watching deer tv!Sometimes the deer come to eat the food and they notice the camera. They are like, "Huhh what is that red light doing here?" and get up close to the camera to check it out, sniff it, and one time a deer even licked it! Tonight we saw a opossum and Penn ran out to scare it away. He said we are NOT feeding the opossums.(poor little animals, they are just sooo creepy)
After we all took showers and put Bailey to bed, it was time for the movie.
This was the flick pick of the the night. I hadn't seen it in a long time and realized after it started that it probably wasn't quite appropriate for a three year old, but we went ahead and watched it anyway . Oh well, she loved it and was wide eyed the entire time! At first she didn't get why they were singing so much and I had to explain to her that it was a musical, among other things. I just hope she won't remember the inappropriate stuff. Daddy fell asleep soon after Annie arrived to the mansion, but Brooke kept waking him up to make sure he didn't miss anything important. I finally put us all to bed around 11:45PM when it was over. It was late, but worth it to spend some sweet time alone with my big girl! She told me that it was the best "princess" movie ever and asked if we could watch it again tomorrow. We are thinking about being "Annie" for Halloween. (Penn would be Daddy Warbucks, Brooke as Annie, Bailey as Sandy the dog, and I would be Mrs. Hannigan~just kidding I think that I will be Grace~she is a lot more respectable.) We'll see!
On Saturday, Penn went to the work day at the pool. Not his first choice of how to spend the morning, but he will be glad next year when it comes times to pay the dues.
We hung out a while and then went out for some Chinese food and a little bit of shopping. We ended up getting a new ceiling fan to hang up on the porch. It will be hot before too long and it will be a must have!
Today was church. WOW was that sermon right on the money or what! It was totally convicting! I actually cried to Penn about it on the way to lunch!! Our pastor is such a great teacher and leader. As I have said before, I am totally thankful that God lead us to worship where we do!!
After church, we went out to lunch with the Becks and Atkisons. We were going to go to go to Santa Fe, but upon arrival we learned it was out of business. I hate that...it is terrible when a restaurant has to close down around here~especially one that is not Mexican food!!!! I know most people did not like that place, but we went there pretty often for cheap steak, potatoes, and salad. And the free rolls and peanuts were the best!
We went to Inchahoots instead which didn't have any steak or rolls, but Penn and Brooke always like the corn bread and I had some really good grilled Amberjack. Yummy! The fellowship was the best and that's the most important part, right?After lunch, we headed home for a quick nap. Later we planted our Arbor Day treasures and some flowers for Brooke.
For dinner, we had some fresh brewed decaf splenda tea, (its my new thing~I've been making about a pitcher every other day!) turkey hot dogs, chips, and grapes as per Brooke's request.
After dinner, Daddy read to his girls and then we started getting ready to wind it down! We got all settled in and then later on daddy noticed some stranded folks in front of our house and went out to help them fix a flat. Brooke was so cute and said, "Daddy, you were sooo brave to help those people outside. I'm proud of you!" (I realized she thought he was "brave" because he went outside all by himself in the dark. Lately she is afraid of the dark and if she has to go somewhere in the dark, she will tell herself~be brave you can do it! She is too cute!:)
OK so that was our weekend. I have got to get to bed, I think I have a sinus infection from all this outdoor fun! Besides, I need my rest cause I am starting a new and different bible reading plan tomorrow and I still haven't quite figured it out yet...All I know is that it involves the bible and being JOYFUL when I read it!
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16
***Here are the Arbor Day update pics from the previous post.****
BTW, did anybody else plant a tree?
OK so we decided not to get cherry tress...too expensive for this Arbor day!





3 comments:
Whew! I think that you had a full weekend even though, you had no outside committments. It sounded just perfect!
I am right there with you on the sermon yesterday. I am always so amazed how God works through Jeff. We are so blessed to be there too! Let me know how your bible plan works out. I'll do the same.
Your Weeping Willow tree will be fun to watch grow. We had one at our last house and loved it!!!
Wow, you sure stay busy for not having anything to do! How in the world do you fit in blogging as well? (Complete with visual aids, no less!)
I am looking forward to summer when our committmens are fewer and things slow down. Our weekend was completely packed!
We dug up two crepe myrtles (to relocate) and replaced them with tree form hydragea - these I had never seen. I'll try to post pics soon. I can't wait to see them in bloom.
Post a Comment