Friday, June 06, 2008

A Week of Swimming Lessons

This morning Brooke finished up her 1st swimming lessons.
She has been going each day this week from 9 to 10 at the Alabaster Pool where we are members. She absolutely loved that Mrs. Christy came to pick her up each morning and that she got to ride with her "brothers" Jackson and Alex.
After the first day, she came home, put her hand on her hip and said really sassy, "Mrs. Christy's gonna take me to swim lessons tomorrow and YOU CAN'T COME!" She earned herself a lecture on being kind and respectful from that comment, but at least I know she has a good ole time without me.
She also had a super swell time with the lifeguards and her friends in the pool each day, although she didn't have much to show for it. (skills wise) I guess you get what you pay for! ;-)
Maybe next time we'll enroll her at a more serious establishment, but until then, look at how much fun she had! (You know I had to send the camera with her each day!)




Future Olympic Divers and Synchronized Swimmers!

(from L to R~Alex,Jackson, Brooke, Elizabeth)





Ooohh, oohh pick me! (that's her with her hand raised)




I'm ready to go under!






This water feels nice! Can we get in or what?






Look at me kick!





For "graduation" she got a certificate and a candy from the vending machine! (that's Brookie under the turtle towel and Jackson is the dino behind her)



Thank you so much Christy for taking my baby to swim lessons. It is so nice to have a special person like you in my life (the sister I never had) to be able to help me take care of my babies! I treasure our friendship as do Penn, Brooke, and Bailey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great week! Thanks for sharing Brookie with us. We loved having her.

We are sisters ya know! Our Heavenly Father made it so!

Mommy of Three said...

We'd like to come swim sometime. Just let me know and we'll try to get there! Lilli would have a blast!