My cookie monster was sick this week. On Tuesday, we went to the doctor and she was diagnosed with a fever virus, tummy bug, and the croup. She had to get a finger stick and a steroid shot. (Mimi we actually have a good use for all those Dora band aids now and yes I did find them in the pantry of all places.)
On our way home from the Dr's office Brooke was weak and in and out of sleep, but as we were exiting the interstate I heard a sound coming from the backseat. It was a little hoarse voice singing, "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above..." It was the sweetest thing! She made me play the song over and over about 5 times in a row until we arrived home.
If she could be so sweet and sing praises to God when she was feeling so bad, then I could surely care for her with a positive attitude.
If she could be so sweet and sing praises to God when she was feeling so bad, then I could surely care for her with a positive attitude.
We pretty much had to stay home everyday this week to recuperate. I thought I'd spare you all the gory details and share some of the good stuff.
10 reasons why having a sick toddler is not so bad…
1.) Your hubby gets to use some sick leave to help take his girls to the doctor.
2.) Watching TV ALL day long is totally acceptable.
3.) Sick toddlers are too weak to talk back or misbehave!
4.) You actually WANT to do the laundry in order to get rid of germs! (Especially when Bailey is such a sweet little laundry helper. )
5.) Comfy PJ’s are the daily attire.
6.) You are home bound so you don't have to wear make up and you save on gas money!
7.) Nap time is really looooong.
8.) You get to blow off any outside commitments because of the risk of exposure to germs.
9.) Gatorade and saltines are considered “special treats.”
10.) Extra kisses and cuddles are required. :-)
10.) Extra kisses and cuddles are required. :-)
Hope you had a great germ-free week!





8 comments:
I'm with ya! I would never wish it on my kiddos to be sick...but it does have it's perks when you have such good reason to stay in and just snuggle down! Glad you enjoyed the extra family time that we don't always get :) (I'm enjoying some extra family time with Olivia tonight!)
I am sorry that your week has been filled with sickness. I hope things are getting better.
Motherhood is hard at times. But, as you have pointed out it does have it's perks! Brooke and Bailey are so blessed to have you!!
Sickness has a good side and an obvious bad side. The good is that it causes a family to stop everything and just rest. I know the Lord has allowed sickness into our home just to slow me down.
Great pictures to your post.
Oh and MANY THANKS for helping me out. You are the BEST!!
Maddie has been under the weather the last couple of days and that is about the only time she will snuggle with me. Being sick has its perks, but I sure do hate to see them suffer. Hope everyone is well.
I hope you all are better!! Such sweet pictures of Brooke....it reminded me of Reagan at age 2 1/2 with the tummy bug....now she's such a big girl....I miss that age already, even with 2 young ones around!
Sorry yall have been sick. Hope all is well now. I remember loving when Alex was sick because it was the ONLY time he was still and I could just hold him and love on him!
Kent
I am so glad everyone is back to normal... it was a good forced time out, they are sweet even though it is sad at the same time.
Post a Comment