For several nights now we have been hanging out on our screened in porch. The weather has been perfect, high in the 80's low in the 60's, so we have enjoyed eating dinner out there too.
Evidently, it is perfect COYOTE weather as well because that is exactly what I saw in my yard the other night!!!! Uhhhh yeah...it was just standing in our yard and then it took off running after a deer! Thankfully it didn't quite catch up to the deer~that would have been a little more traumatic for us to witness.
After that, we decided to clean up Brooke's playhouse and slide and haul it INSIDE the porch. For one, I don't want a coyote to eat my toddler and for two, every time she would go out into the yard to play on her slide there was always a black widow spider camped out on it. SOOOO I think it is all for the best.
It has been so much fun out there with the gorgeous weather and the play house that we are practically livin' out there 24/7.
Here are some pictures that I took on Monday night:
Evidently, it is perfect COYOTE weather as well because that is exactly what I saw in my yard the other night!!!! Uhhhh yeah...it was just standing in our yard and then it took off running after a deer! Thankfully it didn't quite catch up to the deer~that would have been a little more traumatic for us to witness.After that, we decided to clean up Brooke's playhouse and slide and haul it INSIDE the porch. For one, I don't want a coyote to eat my toddler and for two, every time she would go out into the yard to play on her slide there was always a black widow spider camped out on it. SOOOO I think it is all for the best.
It has been so much fun out there with the gorgeous weather and the play house that we are practically livin' out there 24/7.
Here are some pictures that I took on Monday night:
Brooke and Teddy in the play house eating chocolate ice cream and drinking pretend coffee.
Mama "working" on the new laptop.
Bailey following in her Mama's footsteps~Look at my laptop!!
Daddy talking business, "Yeah, Yeah, that sounds big. Count me in..."





5 comments:
Well, we haven't seen any coyotes (although my neighbor says they are definitely in the neighborhood!) We just hung our swing under the porch and it is so nice swinging together. We did hang out with some friends of friends who apparently are your neighbors. Remind me and I'll tell you all about it!
I love going on the back porch to rock in the rocking chair, read a book and drink some wine. It is beautiful outside right now.
We like to hang out on our porch swing too....except the last 2 days, John has been in the bed with back problems. UGH!!!
Well we have either been at softball games for Anna or football spring training practices in Hoover for Drew!! We are usually home around 9 p.m. I can not wait to spend some time on my back porch relaxing!!
Kent
Our evenings have been filled with relaxing on the couch and playing the Wii. We are still trying to mend our bodies from sickness.
I am glad your enjoying your porch so much. Outdoor living is the best!
Post a Comment