Where does a 1/2 year go? It seems like just the other day that I was in the hospital having Bailey. Like I've said before, I would love to freeze time, but it also so much fun watching her grow up. My bitty baby is growing like a weed. She is sitting up now! It is nice to be able to sit her with her sissy and let them play with toys or "read" books together. Brooke continues to be a great big sis and Bailey enjoys her big brother Ted as well. When she sees him she just lights up and tries to grab him. A couple of times she has pulled away a big hunk of tail fur. Teddy just growls a little, but he doesn't snap at her. It is so weird how dogs know that they better not do anything to the baby (even if she does start it) cause they fear they will be sent to the pound!
As you can see above, Bailey continues to enjoy her bath. She also continues to enjoy the exersaucer, the jumperoo, the bouncy seat, and the new toy bar we added to her swing, but her favorite thing of all is to be out and about. She is so alert and is very curious to see all that is going on around her. She doesn't miss much! If you catch her eye, Miss Bailey will almost always have a big ole smile for you. Mimi calls her "Sunshine" because of her smile and sunny disposition.
She is still a mama's girl~big time, but I am trying to get her used to going to the nursery for church and fellowships. She is not that good with babysitters yet, but is becoming more and more fond of her Dada and vice versa. They have their special time each night when he feeds her, rocks her, and puts her to bed.
Speaking of beds~she is now in her crib!

Yay! It was really hard at first~lots of late night climbs up the stairs to comfort her. She is a baby that LOVES human contact. She has GOT to always be holding on to a hand or something, so her kitty in the crib helps her to not feel so alone. It was a rough couple of days, but now we are all sleeping great. She usually sleeps from about 8 to 7 without interruption. Don't worry, we still get in our snuggles each morning when I nurse her! We went to the doctor today for a check up and here is the low down:
Bailey weighed in at 15 lbs 131/2 oz (50th percentile)
and was 27 inches long (90th percentile)
Hello...I think I'm a little big for this scale!

She beat her big sis by just a hair....Brooke was about the same at her 6 month check up weighing 15lbs 12 oz and was 26 1/2 inches long
What sweet babies! Here is Brooke on the top left and Bailey on the bottom right. Brooke had quite a bit more hair!

Dr. McCowan said that Bailey is sitting up as well as a 9 month old. He always makes a point to comment on how great my girls are doing~I just love him!


I was going to let Bailey wear the same blue outfit that Brooke wore for her 6 month check up, but it was like 40 degrees today(Brrrr!), so it didn't work out. I had already put up the winter clothes so I had to let Bailey wear some warm jammies. I guess I can always let her wear it later!
Happy 1/2 Birthday Bitty Bullock!
(sorry we didn't get to have a fun celebration, but your sissy is very sick. We'll have to do something fun later...)
5 comments:
That is the cutest laugh!! i am glad she had a great check-up.
Kent
The video was so sweet. She loves that big sis of hers. What a great check up!
I am glad Brooke is feeling better. :)
How sweet and cute! There is nothing like the innocent/pure joy of a baby's laughter. Can't wait to hear my sweet Livi! (Abby had to watch this twice!)
Such a big girl... beautiful!!! I hate that I missed her baptism! They grow up too fast!
love you honey!
Shell
I can't believe she is sitting up already. Where does the time go? Wasn't she just born last week? She is adorable. I love babies laughs. It is one of the sweetest sounds in the world.
Post a Comment